Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4071 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Pearson-Harris Farm, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Pearson-Harris Farm, Streetsville
Identifier: PH1202
Date of Original Photo: 1979
Date Built: ca 1850
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 6545 Creditview Road, pt. Lot 8 W1/2, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 6545 Creditview Road, Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 8 W1/2. “Agriculturalist” James Pearson built the main house on the subject property between the years 1846 and 1848. Pearson and his wife Hannah Simpson, sister of Meadowvale pioneer John Simpson, met and married in Newmarket, and together drew the plans for the Regency style house. The bricks were formed from clay on site. “Valley Home” farm was renowned in Peel and only improved when son Samuel James Pearson took over upon his father’s death in 1872. Samuel took a special interest in breeding livestock. In particular, S.J. Pearson & Sons received international attention for its Shorthorn cattle. Pearson held many posts in the agricultural field and was also Justice of the Peace. He was one of the first to advocate for agricultural education in public schools. He retired in 1912. The farm changed hands several times in the early twentieth century. David Harris, the current owner, acquired the property in 1945. It is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851