Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1624 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Doherty House, West Gable, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Doherty House, West Gable, Malton
Identifier: PH1259
Date of Original Photo: 1981
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5650 Tomken Road, pt. Lot 4, Conc 2 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Doherty House, also known as Clontarf Farm, was located at 5650 Tomken Road (Second Line East). It was built about 1845 by Charles Doherty, and was a one-and-a-half storey stone house with a low-pitched gable roof. The house was externally stuccoed. The house was burned and demolished in 1982, and the accompanying barn was demolished in 1986. This is a photo of the west gable end of the rear addition.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851