Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 1625 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Doherty House Site, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Doherty House Site, Malton
Identifier: PH1271
Date of Original Photo: April 1982
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: B&W Photo, 9.5x7 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5650 Tomken Road, pt. Lot 4, Conc 2 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Doherty House, also known as Clontarf Farm, was located at 5650 Tomken Road (Second Line East). It was built about 1845 by Charles Doherty, and was a one-and-a-half storey stone house with a low-pitched gable roof. The house was externally stuccoed. The house was burned and demolished in 1982, and the accompanying barn was demolished in 1986. This photo is of the site of the house after the fire of April 4, 1982.
Agency: Mississauga Library System