Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 4880 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Simpson-Dandie Store, Front Fašade, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Simpson-Dandie Store, Front Fašade, Streetsville
Identifier: PH1275
Date of Original Photo: 1981
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 232 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 E1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 232 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 E┐. In the mid 1860s this was the Simpson Block or Mammoth House, a hardware store under several owners, among them James Dandie from 1894 to 1920. Later it became a butcher shop, then Westburne, an electrical supply company, and then a pub in 1982. The smaller brick building adjacent was the Post Office from 1910 to 1919. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System