Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 4882 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Simpson-Dandie Store, Front Fašade, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Simpson-Dandie Store, Front Fašade, Streetsville
Identifier: PH1277
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 232 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 E1/2, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 232 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 E┐. In the mid 1860s this was the Simpson Block or Mammoth House, a hardware store under several owners, among them James Dandie from 1894 to 1920. Later it became a butcher shop, then Westburne, an electrical supply company, and then a pub in 1982. The smaller brick building adjacent was the Post Office from 1910 to 1919. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1989 photo shows the building as the pub, J. Dandie's.
Agency: Mississauga Library System