Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4442 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Refinery From Water Tower, 1937
Identifier: TX0016
Date of Original Photo: 1937
Image Type: B&W Photo, 5.5x9.5 cm
Subject: Lloyd Refineries Ltd.
Donor: Texaco Canada Ltd
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A view of Lloyd Refinery from the water tower. Lloyd's Refinery was erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries Ltd. It consisted of a small crude Stilling Unit and nine storage tanks. The thruput, or amount of crude oil processed each day was 300 barrels which was converted to gasoline and fuel oils. In the early days of Lloyd's there were no restrictions to the wanderings of the public. This was evident from the number of times the operating personnel had to escort the wanderers back to the street.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851