Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2190 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Good Rich Refinery, Aerial View
Identifier: TX0017
Date of Original Photo: 1939
Date Built: 1939
Image Type: B&W Photo, 24x19.5 cm
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Texaco Canada Ltd

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: An aerial view of the refinery in 1939. Lloyd's refinery was erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries Ltd. In 1937 the refinery was purchased by Good Rich Oil in East Toronto. Steam to run the refinery was supplied by two horizontal return tube boilers whose capacity was 15,000 lbs per hour at 135 lbs. Pressure. In 1939 it became necessary to increase the steam production, so a third boiler was built. This was one of the same type but had a larger capacity, 25,000 lbs per hour. Bunker C and fuel gas were burnt under these boilers. This photo was taken after its completion.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851