Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2192 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Good Rich Refinery, Dubbs Unit, 1939
Identifier: TX0019
Date of Original Photo: 1939
Image Type: B&W Photo, 4.5x6.5 cm
Subject: Petroleum refineries - Ontariio - Mississauga
Donor: Texaco Canada Ltd
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Lloyd's refinery was erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries Ltd. In 1937 the refinery was purchased by Good Rich Oil in East Toronto. Lloyds was supplying Good Rich Oil in East Toronto with gasoline. As the price of crude oil was increasing, and Lloyds was financially shaky, Good Rich Oil purchased the refinery and renamed it Good Rich Oil Company. To increase the thruput Good Rich revamped the Dubbs unit in 1939. It was converted to a two coil selective cracking unit, which increased the thruput to 4,000 barrels per day. Photo shows the Dubbs unit after revamping.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850