Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4445 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Regent Service Station
Identifier: TX0027
Image Type: B&W Photo, 14x9.5 cm
Subject: Service stations
Donor: Texaco Canada Ltd
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Trinidad Leaseholds, a subsidiary of Central Mining Company, with headquarters in the United Kingdom, operating a large refinery in Trinidad, were looking for an outlet in Canada. They settled on Good Rich and in 1946 the purchase was made, when it became known as Trinidad Leaseholds Canada Ltd. Later on the Canadian Company was re-named Regent Refining Company, a subsidiary of Trinidad Leaseholds. Some of the key Trinidad personnel were transferred to Port Credit. Among these were Mr. L. W. Kennedy to act as plant manager and Mr. C. T. Greene as his assistant. Regent service stations were operated by Regent Oil Company.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850