Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2194 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Good Rich Refinery, Tank Car Loading Rack
Identifier: TX0040
Date of Original Photo: ca 1940
Image Type: B&W Photo, 24x19 cm
Subject: Good Rich Oil Company
Donor: Texaco Canada Ltd
Location: 250 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Lloyd's refinery was erected in 1932 on the site of the old Port Credit Brick Yard by L. B. Lloyd of Lloyd’s Tankers and went by the name of Lloyd Refineries Ltd. In 1937 the refinery was purchased by Good Rich Oil in East Toronto. Product shipments by rail were increased when Good Rich took over the plant and material was shipped from as far away as Texas into the refinery to upgrade the quality of the expanded line of products. The year 1940 saw the installation of Tetraethyl Lead facilities to enable ethyl fluid to be used in producing a premium anti-knock gasoline suitable as fuel for the higher compression engines then being introduced in automobiles. At this time the refinery was producing three grades of gasoline, as well as supplying the purple dyed agricultural fuel that wartime rationing prohibited for use in private automobiles.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851