Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4460 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Restaurant, near the Stevenson House / Boulder Villa, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Restaurant, near the Stevenson House / Boulder Villa, Clarkson
Identifier: PH1332
Date of Original Photo: 1981
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: South east corner of Southdown Road and Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This building, a former restaurant, was located on the same corner, to the north, as the Stevenson House at 2030 Lakeshore Road West. Conc 3 SDS, SE pt. Lot 30. Like the Stevenson house, it was also built of Credit Valley rubble stone. This building no longer exists. The Stevenson house is an example of California Bungalow or Airplane Bungalow and was built ca 1925-27 by David and Jennie Stevenson. David Stevenson, a builder and entrepreneur, was a professional tailor who co-owned an overcoat manufactory in Toronto in the 1920s. The stones required to build the house were taken from the Credit Valley. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851