Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 1061 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Chestnut-Chelsey Park Residence, Streetsville, Stone Outbuilding
  View Full size image
Title: Chestnut-Chelsey Park Residence, Streetsville, Stone Outbuilding
Identifier: PH1378
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1880-1895
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 5508 Durie Road, Plan M994, Lot 5

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Located on the southwest corner of Bristol Road and Durie Road, the house was originally at 1730 Bristol Road but was moved September 1991 about 100 yards (91 metres) back from Bristol to its present location. It is an L-shaped brick structure with a rear wing and porches on two sides. The land on which the house was built was part of a parcel granted originally to William Lindsay in 1822, and then sold to Timothy Street, whose son sold it to John Crozier in 1840. By 1859 it was owned by Richard Cuthbert. The house was probably built between 1880 and 1885. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This outbuilding was demolished in 1991.
Agency: Mississauga Library System