Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1834 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Erindale Public School, Central Section
  View Full size image
Title: Erindale Public School, Central Section
Identifier: PH1387
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1922
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 3057 Mississauga Road, pt. Lot 3, Conc Range 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3057 Mississauga Road North. Range 1 NDS, pt. Lot 3. Originally the site of a school, built in 1854, and then a second school built in 1872. The present building was erected as a school in 1922, and additions were made in 1952. The school closed in 1967 and the property was acquired by the municipality and named the Springbank Community Centre. From 1981 it was the home of Visual Arts Mississauga, which later moved to Riverwood, and as of 2007 the property is owned by the University of Toronto at Mississauga. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850