Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1218 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Codlin House, Main Front Gable, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Codlin House, Main Front Gable, Malton
Identifier: PH1493
Date of Original Photo: 1984
Date Built: ca 1890
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7097-7103 Airport Road, pt. Lot TOR Gore Twp, Conc 7 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Formerly located at 7097-7103 Airport Road. Conc 7 EHS, pt. Lot 11 TOR Gore Twp. This was a two storey L-shaped structure with a field stone foundation, built in Gothic Revival style. Thomas Codlin purchased the west half of Lot 7, 100 acres, in December 1890, and according to Codlin family history the house was built shortly after that. The house had the first telephone installed in the Malton area. During the Second World War the farmland and land around the house were expropriated by the federal government for housing. The house was designated in 1987 under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act, but was demolished in 1992. This is a 1984 photo of the main front gable.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851