Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 5528 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
Identifier: PH1541
Date of Original Photo: 1984
Date Built: 1852
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 48 Lake Street, Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Located at 48 Lake Street. Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6. Built in 1852 by John Thompson, a farmer and Port Credit’s first harbour master. Apparently old hunting knives and other early artifacts were discovered during an excavation of the cellar and this led to the belief that the house was the site of an old fort. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and now part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District. This photo shows a clay pipe bowl, found in the basement of the Thompson House, with the markings "T D".
Agency: Mississauga Library System