Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5234 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Stone Gates of Erindale Estate, later Price Farm
  View Full size image
Title: Stone Gates of Erindale Estate, later Price Farm
Identifier: PH1597
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1375 Dundas Crescent, pt. Lot 6, Conc Range 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1375 Dundas Crescent. Range 1 NDS, pt. Lot 6. The gates were an entry feature into the former Erindale Estate, later the well known Price Dairy farm, on the north side of Dundas Street West, on the east side of the Credit River. Erindale was destroyed by fire prior to the turn of the twentieth century, but the gates were said to be a later feature. They consisted of two parts, one on either side of the drive. They were composed of dark grey stone, with lighter grey solid stone molded caps. Each side consisted of two stone piers, the one flush with the drive having greater height. Both were connected by a stone wall also capped with grey stone. Over the years the gates and wall deteriorated and fell to ruin. Much of the stone was collected and taken to St. Peters Church to be used for repairs when needed. Listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850