Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 3841 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Moore-Stanfield House, Central Door, Burnhamthorpe
  View Full size image
Title: Moore-Stanfield House, Central Door, Burnhamthorpe
Identifier: PH1629
Date Built: ca 1882
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1295 Burnhamthorpe Road East, pt. Lot 6 Plan 381, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1295 Burnhamthorpe Road East. Conc 2 NDS Pt. Lot 6 Plan 381. Built on part of lot 6 in the former village of Burnhamthorpe. Samuel J. Moore purchased the land in 1854 from James Smith for $2,700.00 and built this house ca 1882-3. In 1886 Moore sold the house and part of the lot to his brother-in-law, Joseph Stanfield and sister Isabel for $15,500.00. A barn on the property was demolished in 1960. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act in 1989. As of 2008, it was used for commercial purposes. This undated photo shows the central door on the main fašade.
Agency: Mississauga Library System