Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4559 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Robert Sloan House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Robert Sloan House, Clarkson
Identifier: PH1826
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1881
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 831 Sunningdale Bend, Lot 23, Plan 536

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 831 Sunningdale Road. Lot 23, Plan 536. This is a storey-and-a-half wood frame structure sheathed in board and batten siding on a stone foundation. The house was originally built on land which was part of a grant in 1811 to Lewis Bradley and which Bradley sold to Daniel Merigold in 1825. The original portion of the house was built in 1881 by Robert Sloan. Subsequent owners include writer and antique dealer Sydney Preston and Howard West. Preston sold the house in 1929 to Howard and Grace West who added a wing, planted apple trees and asparagus and named the house "Sunningdale". As of 2008 the house was owned by the Michasiw family. Many alterations have been made to the house over the years but the house has maintained its character. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850