Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2654 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
John Peer House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: John Peer House, Clarkson
Identifier: PH1841
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1855
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 956 Bexhill Road, pt. Lot 26, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 956 Bexhill Road. Pt. Lot 26, Conc 3 SDS. John Peer came from Pennsylvania and settled in Clarkson some time before 1812. He purchased this property, part of the original 1808 grant to Christian Hendershot, in 1827 from Hiram Oliphant. John Peer married Mary Ann Oliphant. He built the house about 1855. Margaret Ann Peer, daughter of John's son, John Henry Peer and his wife, Elizabeth Ann Armstrong, bought the house with her husband, James Harris in 1898, and they made additions to it as their family grew. The house is a one-and-a-half storey structure with a gable roof and is listed on the Heritage Register. This 1989 photo shows the addition of a closed porch.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851