Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1373 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Cordingley House, Gable Window, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Cordingley House, Gable Window, Clarkson
Identifier: PH1880
Date Built: 1873
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 2480 Royal Windsor Drive, pt. Lot 34, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2480 Royal Windsor Drive. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 34. This two storey stone and cement house was built in 1873 by Charles Cordingley, who was also instrumental in the construction in 1875 of Carman Methodist Church. The house remained in the Cordingley family until 1936. By about 1980, when this picture was taken, it was owned by Perma Paving Stone which had begun operations in Clarkson in 1975. The house which was listed on the Heritage Register was demolished in 2005. This 1989 photo shows one of the round-arched gable windows.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851