Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1239 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Commercial Plaza, Streetsville
Identifier: D781
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Image Type: slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 136 Queen Street South

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The plaza was built on the site of the house of Dr. John Crumbie who began his practice in Streetsville in 1829. This was most likely his first house, built in 1830 and later demolished. Later he built a large brick house beside it and to the north of the original house. In the 1851 census he was living in a one-storey frame house, and in the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County there appears a sketch of the house as made of clapboard with no gable. The house was later demolished and the commercial plaza built on this site.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851