Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3097 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Lynd House, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Lynd House, Port Credit
Identifier: PH2028
Date Built: 1907
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 15 Mississauga Road South, Plan 300W, lot 12

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 15 Mississauga Road South. Plan 300W, lot 12. It was once the Vassos Residence, but later owned by a commercial enterprise. According to Ida Lynd Bradley the Lynd house was built in 1907 on the site of James Robinson Shaw’s early tavern. The house was built by Benjamin Lynd who married Ida Ella Shaw. It is a good example of early 20th century vernacular style, combining both Queen Anne Revival style and more contemporary Edwardian Classical elements. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851