Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5583 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Toronto Dominion Bank, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Toronto Dominion Bank, Port Credit
Identifier: PH2048
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1948
Image Type: Col. Photo, 8x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 88 Lakeshore Road East, Plan 300E, pt. Lot 12

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 88 Lakeshore Road East, Plan 300E, pt. Lot 12. The bank opened in 1948, as the first of two local Dominion Bank of Canada branches. The Dominion Bank of Canada had been founded in 1869, and opened its first branch in 1871 as it kept pace with the already established Bank of Toronto which had been founded in 1855. In 1954 the two banks negotiated a merger and in 1955 became the amalgamated Toronto Dominion Bank. Located at the corner of Lakeshore Road East and Elizabeth Street the one-storey building is typical of many banks built at the time in Art Moderne style. It is built of sandstone with a rounded fašade and a flat roof, and listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851