Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1167 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Clarkson Paisley House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson Paisley House, Clarkson
Identifier: PH2123
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1890
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1141 Clarkson Road North, pt. Lot 28, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1141 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. A small portion of this house is presumed to have been built by Henry Clarkson. In 1936 Walter Edwin Paisley commissioned a major alteration and expansion. His architect was Eric W. Hounsom, known for the Art Deco University Theatre on Bloor Street, Toronto. Paisley was Toronto Township Ward 2 Councillor in 1953 and 1954. This is a two-and-a-half storey residential structure, later used as a commercial building. At the time this picture was taken in 1980, it was the offices of Withey and Addison Management Consultants. The building is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of July 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850