|Description: Conc 1 NDS Lot 16, at the northwest corner of Dundas and Hurontario Streets. Probably built about 1840 as the Walterhouse family home, it was later run as a hotel by Edway Walterhouse. It later became the Union Bank, Alfred Wardís Rexall Drug Store, then a jewellery store, a menís wear shop, and a beauty salon. The building was demolished in 1974 to make room for a right turn lane and the Cooksville parkette. |
Since then, as of 2004, two other buildings beside the site (between Dundas and Agnes Streets on the west side of Hurontario) have been demolished and the parkette has been moved. There is a new building on the site, the Cooksville Colonnade, and the new Cooksville Branch Library is now located on the second floor of this building.