Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 862 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Carr Farm
Identifier: F930
Date of Original Photo: 1963
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Carr Farm, Cooksville
Donor: Bill and Mary Carr
Location: 55 Burnhamthorpe Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 55 Burnhamthorpe Road West. Conc 2 NDS, Lot 16. Photograph taken in 1963, showing the former Carr farm at the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road, where Square One now stands. The land was originally owned by Charles Wilcox, according to both the Tremaine 1859 map of Peel County, and the Illustrated Historical Atlas of Peel County, 1877. It is believed that William Park Carr may have been the next owner after Wilcox, but he did not farm the land. His son, Robert Norman Carr, lived on the land and farmed it from 1928 to 1963.

The land was bought by S. B. McLaughlin in 1959-1960 and Robertís son, William Norman Carr, remained on the land as a tenant until 1963. In the late 1960s the buildings on the farm were demolished, and Square One was built there.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850