Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1285 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brickyard, Steam Locomotive No. 4, Cooksville
Identifier: F950
Date of Original Photo: 1951
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Locomotives
Donor: Sandusky Family

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Steam locomotive no. 4 at the Cooksville Brickyards, at the north side of the plant, in 1951. This locomotive was assigned to switching cars from the Canadian Pacific line nearby into the plant, as opposed to fetching rock loads from the pits. This task was assigned to locomotives 3 and 5. The engine house is in the background. Cooksville Brick went through several name changes. Built in 1912 as National Brick Co, it then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Co. in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, and the Cooksville La Prairie Brick Co. in 1953, and then Domtar (Clay Division).
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851