Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1286 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brickyard, Steam Shovel
Identifier: F951
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Brickworks - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Donor: Sandusky Family

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Steam shovel in the east pit loading rock into dump cars while steam locomotive no. 3 waits to haul loads up to the plant. Photo taken 7 April 1953, a few hundred feet west of Hillcrest Avenue. The railway system was scrapped in 1955. Cooksville Brick went through several name changes. Built in 1912 as National Brick Co, it then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Co. in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, and the Cooksville La Prairie Brick Co. in 1953, and then Domtar (Clay Division).
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850