Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1284 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brickyard, Saddle Tank Steam Locomotive No. 3
Identifier: F952
Date of Original Photo: 1954
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Brickworks - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Donor: Sandusky Family

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Saddle tank steam locomotive no. 3 pauses with a load of rock from the east pit while its driver and fireman shovel on more coal into the locomotive’s coal bunker (at back of cab). Photo taken 20 February 1954. Cooksville Brick went through several name changes. Built in 1912 as National Brick Co, it then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Co. in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, and the Cooksville La Prairie Brick Co. in 1953, and then Domtar (Clay Division).
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851