Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2626 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: John A. Walker Cottage, Port Credit
Identifier: G144
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1910
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 1 Godfrey’s Lane

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1 Godfrey’s Lane. Conc 3 Lot 12. According to a corporate report to the Heritage Advisory Committee, this property was part of a large estate which stretched from Lakeshore Road to Lake Ontario, and was owned by John Milton Godfrey. John A. Walker bought about 2 acres of this land and built the cottage in 1917. It was designed by the architect Murray Brown Other owners include James Harris of Harris Abattoirs, who owned it from 1925 to 1970, and Dr. Eckert. It has been owned by the Bagbys since 1998 and is the only house remaining on Godfrey’s Lane. Listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851