Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5126 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Lawrence Starch Company Table House, Port Credit
Identifier: G572
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1889
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 141 Lakeshore Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 141 Lakeshore Road East. Plan 300E, Lot 10,11. This slide shows the four storey red brick Table House, St. Lawrence Starch Company, demolished in 1993. The St. Lawrence Starch Company was built on this site in 1889 under the management of John Gray. At this time the plant ground about 2,000 bushels of corn per week to produce corn starch and glucose for industrial use. Later products included Bee Hive Golden Syrup, Durham Corn Starch and Ivory Laundry Starch, as well as St. Lawrence Corn Oil. In 1915 the original frame building burned and was replaced by one of red brick. In 1990 the plant was closed. The smokestack was demolished in 1994. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850