Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5146 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Mary’s Star of the Sea Roman Catholic Church, Port Credit
Identifier: G592
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1953
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 141 Lakeshore Road West, Plan 300W Lot 8 pt Lot 7

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 141 Lakeshore Road West. Plan 300W, Lot 8 pt Lot 7. The original church was built in 1880 at 11 Peter Street, on the corner of Peter and Bay Streets, but remained a part of St. Patrick’s Parish at Dixie until 1913, when Port Credit became a parish. At that time Streetsville became part of the new parish under the care of St. Mary’s until 1918 when it was attached to Brampton. The cornerstone for the present church was laid in 1952 and the new church was opened in April 1953. Stained glass windows from the first church have been preserved in the present building. The old church was converted into a school. The present church is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and is part of the Old Port Credit Heritage Village Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851