Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarke Memorial Hall, Port Credit
Identifier: G595
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1922
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 161 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 161 Lakeshore Road West. Range 1 SDS, pt. Lot 8 South . Erected by Mary Louise Clarke in 1922 as a memorial to her husband, Alfred Russel Clarke. He had died of pneumonia contracted as a result of the sinking in 1915 of the Lusitania, on which he was a passenger. The Hall was donated to the United Church and used as a Sunday School. During the Depression it was handed over to the Village of Port Credit and used as a Community Hall. It was the site of the Port Credit Municipal Offices from 1941 to 1974. It is now used for meetings, auctions, etc. and as a theatre. The Hall is built in Spanish Colonial Revival style. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851