Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 5530 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Thompson-Zeman House, Old Fort, Port Credit
Identifier: G993
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1852
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 48 Lake Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Located at 48 Lake Street. Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6. Built in 1852 by John Thompson, a farmer and Port Credit’s first harbour master. Apparently old hunting knives and other early artifacts were discovered during an excavation of the cellar and this led to the belief that the house was the site of an old fort. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and now part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System