|Description: 37 Mississauga Road South. Plan 300N, pt. Lot 11 & 12. The land on which the house was built was surveyed in 1834 and in 1900 was bought by Risdon Morville Parkinson, who married Eliza Jane Peer. The house was probably built of materials from the Port Credit Brick Co., the town’s first industry. Parkinson was the first employee of the hydro committee of the Township of Toronto and when the hydro commission was formed a year later, he became superintendent, a post he held for 13 years. He later became Reeve of Port Credit and was in office for 6 years, and in 1921 was appointed warden. |
Parkinson belonged to numerous organizations, including the Independent Order of Foresters, Masonic Lodge, Port Credit Oddfellows and other lodges. He was also a member of Trinity Anglican Church. Eliza died in 1949, Risdon in 1962, and their son, Morville, sold the house in 1976. It was acquired by the Kings in 1985.
Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and located within the Old Port Credit Village Heritage Conservation District.