Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4835 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Sheridan House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Sheridan House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2424
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1856
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 287 Queen Street South, Plan STR 3, Lot 17

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 287 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 3, Lot 17. This is a two storey red brick structure featuring a Credit Valley stone foundation. It was built ca 1856 as a private home for William Sheridan, a blacksmith. In 1872 it was purchased from Henry Howard by St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church to be used as a manse as it adjoins the Church property, and remained as such until 1956. It later became the home of the Tolton family. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850