Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2297 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
H. Manning Antiques, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: H. Manning Antiques, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2439
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 221 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4, pt. Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 221 Queen Street South. Plan STR 4, pt. Lot 1. This is a one storey commercial structure of red brick with vertical wood siding and a gable roof. It was built for the Embleton family circa 1845. They owned it until 1878 when it became the T. W. Robinson butcher shop. In the early 1900s it was Goodison's organ and piano showroom, and from 1919 to 1931 served as the Streetsville Post Office. Hugh Manning purchased it in 1972 and operated it as an antique shop. His wife, Mary, wrote a biography of Timothy Street as well as other local histories of Streetsville. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850