Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3138 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Maiden Lane School, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Maiden Lane School, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2487
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: 1876
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 167 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4 Lot 4, 3

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 167 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 4, pt. Lot 4,3. Built in 1876 as the Streetsville Public School on Maiden Lane. An 1847 Methodist chapel which was attached to the rear of the building was demolished in 1939. The school building was moved to its present site in 1939 and converted to the Town Hall/Police Station until 1966. It served as the Public Utilities Commission until 1978. It is currently listed on the Heritage Register. Located at the front of the property is the P.U.C. waterwheel which was taken from the municipal power plant which operated on the Credit River, near the intersection of Church and Ontario Streets, during the first half of the 20th century.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851