Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1762 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Elmbank Roman Catholic Cemetery Grave Stones
Identifier: SK0085
Date of Original Photo: ca 2000
Image Type: Col Photo, 15x10 cm
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Peel (County)
Donor: Alan Skeoch
Location: Pearson International Airport lands

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Grave stones of unknown (unreadable) and Thomas Graham (died Dec 25, 1857). Elmbank/Fifth Line Cemetery, located in Toronto Township, was opened in 1833 to serve many of the earliest Catholic settlers living in rural areas to the northwest of Toronto. The cemetery was known by various names: Fifth Line Burial Ground, St. Bernard's, St. Patrick's, St. Peter's, St. Kevin's and The Sacred Heart of Jesus Churchyard. The first recorded burial is that of Charles Dougherty, who died in 1833, aged 17 years. The cemetery was in use until 1937. Pearson International Airport took over the land in the 1950, and with the expansion of airport facilities the cemetery was relocated in 2001 to the consecrated ground of Assumption Cemetery in Mississauga.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851