Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5749 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: W. J. Wood Secondary School, Port Credit
Identifier: J387
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1957
Image Type: Slide
Subject: High schools - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 40 Forest Avenue

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 40 Forest Avenue. This was the site of the original Port Credit High School, built in the late 1920s, with H. A. Doupe as the first principal. Prior to that the school at 20 Forest Avenue, built in 1917, had been a combined public and continuation school. In 1956, the old section of the Port Credit High School was destroyed by fire. The new wing and part of the old building were saved and the school was rebuilt as South Peel Secondary School in 1957. In 1963 the new Port Credit High School was built on Mineola Avenue and the old high school became a technical school and was renamed W. J. Wood Secondary. This photo was taken ca 1980. Since then the building is now a private school, Mentor College.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851