Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4280 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Port Credit Secondary School
Identifier: K235
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1963
Image Type: Slide
Subject: High schools - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 70 Mineola Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 70 Mineola Road East. The original Port Credit High School was built in the late 1920s, with H. A. Doupe as the first principal. Prior to that the school at 20 Forest Avenue, built in 1917, had been a combined public and continuation school. In 1956, the old section of the Port Credit High School was destroyed by fire. The new wing and part of the old building were saved and the school was rebuilt as South Peel Secondary School in 1957. In 1963 the new Port Credit High School was built at 70 Mineola Avenue and the old high school became a technical school and was renamed W. J. Wood Secondary.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851