Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 3556 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Minerva’s Bower, Streetsville
Identifier: D777
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1832
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 158 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 4 Eż, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 158 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 4 Eż. Built about 1832, the only remaining Barnhart house in Streetsville. Given by John Barnhart to his daughter Minerva on her marriage to William H. Paterson, a Streetsville merchant who came to Streetsville in 1825. It is a two-storey hipped roof structure with a rear extension topped with a gable roof. The twelve-over-twelve paned double hung sash windows; drip pendant brackets (in the eaves); south porch; and front veranda have all been removed. The wood shingled walls have been veneered in brick. Listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System