Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1441 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Credit Valley Railway Station, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Credit Valley Railway Station, Streetsville
Identifier: MC0204
Date of Original Photo: 1914
Image Type: B&W photo
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Bill Evans
Location: 78 William Street, pt. Lot 5 Eż, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 78 William Street. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 5 Eż. The Credit Valley Railway Station was built in 1879 at the Credit Valley Junction north of Britannia Road. It was first used by the Credit Valley Railway and then by the CPR. In 1914 a new station was built, and the original building was bought by Ephraim Evans and moved to its present location at 78 William Street. The photograph shows the station during its relocation. Local children used to swim in the water tank behind the building. The station is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851