Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2235 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gravel Train on Main Street, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Gravel Train on Main Street, Streetsville
Identifier: MC0791
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings -- Ontario -- Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Graydon Clipperton
Location: Main Street and Queen Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Gravel train on Main Street in front of the Royal Hotel, 248 Queen Street South. Originally built by Richard Crozier in 1876 to replace the old Streetsville House which had burned down in 1875, it was leased by Thomas Harris who had also lost his hotel, the Globe, to fire in 1876. The building was purchased by the Royal Bank of Canada in 1955 and used as a bank until 1977. The photo is from a slide presentation made by Graydon Clipperton to the Streetsville Historical Society at the Streetsville Public Library in 1972 and donated to the library in 1973. Description as of July 2015.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851