Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5902 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
William Taylor House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: William Taylor House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2539
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: Between 1884 and 1887
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 300 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3, Conc 5 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 300 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 3. Built between 1884 and 1887 by John Gardhouse, it was bought in 1889 by saddler William Taylor, who served as Police Magistrate, Streetsville Councillor and Reeve from 1899 to 1903. Taylor lived in the house from 1889 till his death in 1920. From 1933 to 1952 the house was owned by Frank Steen, who later moved to what is known as the Pinchin Farm, directly north of Hwy 403, east side of Mississauga Road. The house is a one-and-a-half storey red brick frame structure with a Credit Valley stone foundation, featuring a gable roof with asphalt shingles and a central gable dormer. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851