Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5314 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Streetsville Monuments and Lee Funeral Home, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Streetsville Monuments and Lee Funeral Home, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2577
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1880
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 258 Queen Street South, Plan STR, 4, pt. Lot 2, 8

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 258 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 4, pt. Lot 2, 8. The funeral home was built on the site of a house which was located next door to Pope’s blacksmith shop. Both buildings were operated by Lenvard Lee (1910-1969) who purchased them about 1935 and turned the blacksmith shop into Streetsville Monument Company. After Lee's death his son, James D. Lee, took over operation of the funeral home, which as of 2008 was still located at 258 Queen Street South. Streetsville Monument Company, the former blacksmith shop, was a one-and-a-half storey structure with a gable roof, originally constructed of red clay brick, but later covered with stucco and angel stone along the lower half of the front façade. The building, which was previously listed on the Heritage Register, was demolished some time after 1989.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850