Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4709 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Royal Hotel, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Royal Hotel, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2579
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1876
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 248 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4 pt. Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 248 Queen Street South. Plan STR 4 pt. Lot 1. Originally built by Richard Crozier in 1876 to replace the old Streetsville House which had burned down in 1875. It was leased by Thomas Harris who had also lost his hotel, the Globe, to fire in 1876. It was purchased by the Royal Bank in 1955 and used as a bank until 1977. This is a two storey stucco commercial structure with a gable roof and asphalt shingles featuring an east asymmetrical five bay modern fašade. It is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850