Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 5887 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
William Graydon Sr. House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: William Graydon Sr. House, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2596
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1843
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 42 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4, pt. Lot 12

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 42 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 4, pt. Lot 12. Built by the original owner, William Graydon, in 1843. Graydon came from Ireland to Streetsville in 1841, and with his son John did a great deal of building around Streetsville. The house is a two storey rectangular plan building with a medium gable roof and one storey gable roof wing on the west side. Originally the house was red brick with a diamond pattern in white brick under the eaves. Mary Manning noted that the front door was changed slightly in 1968 but had never had a fanlight or side lights. The brick was painted white in the 1980s. It is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System