Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2174 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gooderham Mansion, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Gooderham Mansion, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH2665
Date of Original Photo: 1990
Date Built: 1870
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 929 Old Derry Road, pt. Lot 11, Conc 2 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 929 Old Derry Road. Conc 2 WHS, pt. Lot 11. This is a two storey "T" shaped structure with a one storey addition to the rear. It has been converted to apartments and is a private residence. The mansion was built in 1870 for C. H. Gooderham who lived there for some years. It was later used as a resort for wealthy Torontonians and called Rose Villa. It later became a seminary and was also a residence for George Chavignaud, the artist, Walter Curry, an M.P. at the time, and Major General Francois-Louis Lessard, a veteran of the Boer War. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and forms part of the Meadowvale Village Heritage Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851