Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2170 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gooderham Mansion, Front Entrance, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Gooderham Mansion, Front Entrance, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH2676
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1870
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 929 Old Derry Road, pt. Lot 11, Conc 2 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 929 Old Derry Road. Conc 2 WHS, pt. Lot 11. This is a two storey "T" shaped structure with a one storey addition to the rear. It has been converted to apartments and is a private residence. The mansion was built in 1870 for C. H. Gooderham who lived there for some years. It was later used as a resort for wealthy Torontonians and called Rose Villa. It later became a seminary and was also a residence for George Chavignaud, the artist, Walter Curry, an M.P. at the time, and Major General Francois-Louis Lessard, a veteran of the Boer War. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and forms part of the Meadowvale Village Heritage Conservation District. This 1978 photo is of the front door south fašade.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851